We currently have a position as a Key Supplier Development Manager at the Loudwater site.
Feel free to review the job specifcation below and apply online using the 'Apply' button below.
The key purpose of this role is to support Materials Manager in development & delivery of Supply Chain Change, working with our key suppliers to evaluate Supply Chain Capability, develop capability, measure performance and develop the appropriate supply chain relationships in order to create a robust supply chain organisation that supports our projects/customer requirements throughout the life cycle of the customer engagement.
• Previous experience in senior supply chain, procurement or quality role.
• Team management experience.
• Background in electronics and electromechanical manufacturing.
• Experience in working with product having a high technical content manufactured in low volume, high value batch production environment.
• Good knowledge of MPS/MRP.
• Experience with change management and setting up new procurement systems.
• Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Working knowledge of electronic & electro-mechanical manufacturing within the defence industry is desirable.
• ONC/HNC in engineering or business studies.
• Or qualification by relevant experience.
• Strategically assess the project/customer needs business proactively, establish best supply solution through selecting source of supply, developing existing suppliers capabilities.
• Continuous Improvement of key suppliers. Report performance of assigned portfolio through agreed KPI’s.
• Work closely with the material management team to implement policy on vendors and the method of selection.
• Reduce costs and lead times of commodities purchased.
• Identify and implement strategic procurement process improvements and introduce best practice procurement and supply chain management techniques.
• Seek and identify areas for improvement in line with the strategic framework of the procurement organisation, with the goal of improving service levels to all internal customers.
• Assist in the maintenance of a minimal selection of suppliers to adopt a ‘lean & agile’ supply chain targeting the lifecycle costs of supply approach to minimise cost and increase profit throughout the value-stream.
• Drive and contribute to all ‘new product introduction’ and ‘design to cost’ activities.
• Lead & facilitate supplier/component development workshops.
• Prepare and issue Request for Proposal’s, Request for Quotation, Request for Information and Purchase orders to both external and internal supply chains.
• Adopt the most appropriate sourcing relationship as depicted by the component supplier type offering the business design and financial partnerships where applicable.
• Ensure that new parts have all necessary supplier, commodity and cost data set up as per the defined transition policy to offer seamless transfer from/to ‘Operational’ supply chain, taking appropriate action across the business to ensure that professional Procurement ethic and practices are being maintained, and ‘Business strategy and objectives’ are not being compromised.
• Communicate, monitor and report supplier performance to compliment operational objectives on costs, cash-flow, quality, delivery and inventory.
• Mentor and oversee buyers and other team members and negotiate best terms for delivery, quality and price.
• Provide management with timely and accurate data analysis, summarisation and presentations as required.