We currently have a position as a Stores & Logistics Manager at the Loudwater site.
Feel free to review the job specifcation below and apply online using the 'Apply' button below.
The Materials Management department takes responsibilities for the materials element of the product/project life cycle and for the provision of a robust and efficient supply and inventory management solution, maximising value for CCS.
The job holder will develop stores & logistics related systems and procedures to ensure optimal part/kit availability and utilisation of staff and resources across 2 sites (Greenford & Loudwater), to include:
• Leading Continuous Improvement activities in relation to the integration of the Stores Function into the combined CCS/SS Procurement Organisation.
• Driving the integration of the Stores System with a new planned single MRP environment.
• Ensuring the smooth flow of inbound materials to the shopfloor & outbound despatches to the customer.
• Supervising personnel across 2 sites (Greenford & Loudwater) and ensure Company Standards are maintained.
• Well-presented with a professional demeanour.
• Ability to work within a team or as an individual with minimum supervision.
• Exposure to other bespoke computerised manufacturing/business systems is also required.
• Capable of dealing with all levels of personnel.
• Self-motivated and proactive with good communication skills.
• Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• The successful candidate will need to be willing to work outside of “normal” hours in order to meet tight timescales and deadlines.
• May be required on occasions to lift up to 25Kg.
• A current fork lift license would be desirable.
• Must be computer literate and familiar with Word and Excel as a minimum / communicate verbally and in writing.
• Maximising of staff to utilise resources within departments.
• Review and comment on internal procedures affecting Goods Inwards, Despatch, Stores and Inspection and identify areas where new standards or procedures may be required.
• Optimising kitting processes & delivery of kits to the shop floor maximising striving for 100% Kitting on Time In Full.
• Contribute to stock reduction projects / Re-use of packaging materials / Cost effective deliveries.
• Preparation of procedural documents/instructions covering processes under his/her control.
• Ensure that Stores complies with relevant EH&S legislation, including Manual Handling Regulations.
• Conform and comply with current Health & Safety Regulations.
• Conduct self-audits to monitor compliance with established procedures.
• React to day to day problems associated with the operation of his/her responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Identify potential problems and resolve them wherever possible.
• Maintain a clean and orderly working environment.
• Supervision of Goods In, Stores & Despatch areas ensuring that individuals working under his/her control are working in accordance with their respective terms of reference.
• Familiarising self with those procedures, thereby assuming responsibility for all activities within the department.
• Provide guidance to staff directly and to those temporarily seconded to his/her function as occasion demands.
• Maintain up to date documentation controls in support of the processes to which he/she is assigned.
• Undertake and complete additional tasks, as directed by his/her Manager.
• Keep his/her Manager informed of problems arising that impair the efficient completion of his/her duties.
• Assist in recruitment of new staff.
• Ensure all departments within his/her area of responsibility are manned at all times.
• Participate in the continuous improvement process and initiatives.